Training Ministry Description
Training Ministry assists in the training, preparation, and continued education of leaders that serve youth ministries across the conference. The emphasis is on in-service training and active involvement in learning new skills and developing methods for successful leadership.
Training Ministries includes but is not limited to:
–Adventist Youth Ministries Training (AYMT)
- Basic Staff Training (Pathfinders/Adventurers/Master Guides)
- Counselor Jump Start Certification (Be 18 years of age)
- Director Certification (Be at least 18 years old)
- Leadership Certification (Equivalent to the old PLA/Be a Master Guide)
- Staff Leadership Certification (Be a Master Guide)
–Adventist Youth Leader Certification (AYLC)
–Lay Officers Training for Youth Ministries
–Leadership Training Convention
–Other trainings are provided as needed.
Training Ministry Goals
1. By the conclusion of 2017 the Training Ministry will have recruited and trained 14 Master Guide instructors and 4 Adventist Youth Leadership Certi cation instructors.
2. By the conclusion of 2017 the Training Ministry will have developed and implemented a regional training model for Adventurer, Path nder, Master Guide and Youth Ministries.
3. By the conclusion of 2017 the Training Ministry will provide training support and
materials for Adventist Youth Leaders in beginning of the year for English, Hispanic, Haitian & Portuguese lay training events.
Empowering Youth Leaders